Below is a list of what we think are the best wetsuit changing bags you can choose from.
Table of Contents
Parallaxx Wetsuit Changing Mat Waterproof Dry Bag for Surfing
We think this bag has everything you need.
It’s a little smaller than other bags, so keep that in mind if you are a cold-water surfer and nee to transport a wet full wetsuit, boots, gloves, hood, etc.
- Durability – It appears a little more durable than other competitors. Note the canvas bottom
- Size – The wetsuit changing mat is 26″ wide. Most other bags are 29″. The smaller size makes it a bit easier to store in the car.
- Pocket – It’s got an internal pocket for your money, wax, sunscreen or other items.
- Handles – It’s got comfortable handles that aid in carrying the bag.
- Shoulder strap – If you want to use the handles or you need a free hand, use the should straps.
- Drawstrings – It’s got lockable drawstrings that extend to about 5′ and cinch up well.
- Color – It comes in a cool sea green color. We like a little color in our gear. We think it helps spot and account for your gear as you are running out the door in a hurry.
BPS Wetsuit Changing Mat/Waterproof Dry-Bag/Wet Bag
We think this bag has everything you need.
It’s a simplified design with a few nifty features.
- Comfortable – The comfort is great to the user when using it both as a surf changing mat or when one carries it as a wet bag.
- Durability – The BPS wetsuit changing mat is made of durable material and can have a good life span if you take care of it.
- Size – The BPS wetsuit changing mat is 35″ wide. Most other bags are 29″.
- Pocket – It’s got a little sealable pocket to pop in a bar of wax or sunscreen.
- Handles – Handles make it easy to us.
- Drawstrings – It’s got lockable drawstrings.
Other Surfing changing Mats
Here are few more options to choose from.
Dorsal Surf Changing Mat and Waterproof Wetsuit Bag
We liked this changing mat because it converts to a bag.
It also has handles which help if you find yourself walking after your surf or you don’t like to fumble with wet drawstrings and it makes carrying a wet wetsuit easier.
The drawstrings have a lock that is able to secure the items safely inside the bag.
It’s helpful to know that your wetsuit is in the bag and water isn’t spilling out into your car.
Surf Grass Mat
This is the one true mat on the list. It does not change into a bag and it won’t keep your car dry.
However, we think this is a pairing with any changing mat you go with.
We recommend using this mat to put on the ground and then putting the changing mat on top of it.
This grass mat gives you extra buffer between you changing mat and the ground and by doing so will help increase the lifespan of your changing mat.
As durable as they are, sooner or later they do get micro holes and they start to leak.
Using this mat may prevent that all together.
SUN CUBE Surf Poncho Changing Robe with Hood
Coming in at 30″ wide, this bag is a good choice and it comes with a changing robe.
It comes with a bag to keep your changing mat in and it converts into a dry bag with a pull of the drawstrings.
SPRINGWT Wetsuit Changing Mat
The SPRINGWT wetsuit changing mat comes in 3 sizes: 19.5″, 35″ and 50.7″.
It is the cheapest bag on our list starting around $5 on the low end and $12 on the high end.
Prices map to the size of the bag. It’s got drawstrings.
This is a no-frills (if that is a such a thing in the changing bag category) at a low price point.
It’s great for younger surfers who are going to end up beating up the bag regardless of which bag they use.
Ho Stevie! Durable Wetsuit Changing Mat/Waterproof Dry-Bag for Surfers
The name of this bag pretty much says it all. It is durable and turns into a dry bag via drawstrings.
It keeps your wetsuit from getting banged up when changing and prevents water from spilling out into your car.
EasyGoProducts Surf Sac
This surfing changing mat, or sac in this case given the name, has all of the typical features including durable material and drawstrings.
The unique aspect of this bag is that it comes with a shoulder strap which would help with transportable as you are lugging everything out of your vehicle after a surf.
COR Surf Wetsuit Changing Mat
The COR surf wetsuit changing mat changes into a dry bag when you pull on the strings.
The strings lock into place with barrel locks.
That’s our short list of the best surfing changing mats and bags.
Most have similar features, but there are a few that stand above the rest.
Keep your car dry and stink free.
Get a changing mat.