If your skateboard is too old, battered, beaten, or weak to ride, it could be time to retire it.
But don't throw it away. You've had it for years. You've enjoyed many great rides and have performed countless great tricks.
It would be a shame for the board to end up on the scrapheap.
Instead, do the board justice by hanging it on your wall.
It makes for a great conversation starter and you can show it off to all your guests as you regale them with stories of all your great rides.
Wall-Mount Your Skateboard Deck
There are a few ways to hang your skateboard but the wall mount is the sturdiest.
It looks better and will last longer, but you'll also need to spend a little more time and money on the process.
You're going to need a wall mount kit and a drill.
The former can be purchased online or you can purchase the item separately, including a wall anchor, wall mount plate, a wall screw, and two bolts, nuts, and T-nuts.
- Drill a hole in the wall where you want your skateboard deck to hang.
- Add the wall anchor into the hole.
- Insert the bolts into the wall mount plate and add the nuts.
- Add the wall mount plate onto the hole and make sure it is tight.
- Place your skateboard deck against the plate and adjust.
- Add the T-nuts to finish hanging your skateboard.
There are many inexpensive skateboard wall mounts available from your local hardware store and from Amazon.
You can hang your deck for less than $30 and it should also come with basic instructions specific to that type of mount.
Hang a Skateboard with a Fishing Line
A fishing line is one of the best ways to hang your skateboard. Amazon has a few options.
It's cheap, easy, and the line also looks invisible from a distance, thus adding to the aesthetic.
- Remove the wheels and trucks on your skateboard.
- Hammer a nail into the wall where you want to hang the board.
- Cut around 10 inches of fishing line.
- Insert the line through the upper screw holes of the skateboard.
- Tie the fishing line into a knot.
- Loop the line over the nail to display your skateboard on the wall!
You can also use white or colorless string and follow the same process.
Alternatively, if you're not bothered about the string being visible, use some old shoelaces.
The trick is not to use too much string and to make sure that it hangs in a way that covers the nail.
It can be tricky, but with a little adjusting you will get there eventually.