Are you in the market for a new cruiser skateboard?
If so, you’re probably wondering which brand and board is right for you.
What cruiser skateboard is best for your budget, style, and skill level? What should you look for when buying a new cruiser board?
Let’s take a look and find out.
Table of Contents
How Do I Choose a Cruiser Skateboard?
There are several factors that need to be considered when buying a cruiser board:
- The Length: How long do you want the board to be? The length can vary greatly between the smallest mini cruisers and the biggest cruiser boards. It will impact speed, portability, and performance.
- The Shape: Cruiser boards come in many different shapes and styles, including kicktails, egg shapes, and more.
- The Parts: Does it use the best trucks and wheels? What is the durometer rating and the wheel size? These are key considerations when determining the quality of a cruiser skateboard.
- The Build Quality: Is the deck made from wood or plastic? Is it multi-ply Canadian maple or a cheaper wood? What about the trucks and wheels, and is the board handcrafted or mass-produced in China? The build quality will greatly impact the durability and reliability of the board.
- The Price: Some of the best cruiser skateboards are available for less than $200. Sure, you can pay a lot more and get a more premium board, but unless you’re a pro who will actually feel the benefits, it’s best to stay low and look for value where you can.
- The Design: The design is often the first and only thing that first-time skaters focus on when buying a board. If it looks cool and has a great graphic, that’s all that matters to them. The design definitely plays a big role and you want something you will be happy to own and proud to ride, but don’t put style ahead of substance.
The Best Cruiser Skateboards
You don’t need us to tell you which board to buy.
As noted above, the cruiser board that’s best for you will depend on everything from your weight and skill level to your budget and what you’ll be using it for.
With that in mind, we’ve highlighted the best cruiser skateboards for multiple types of consumers below:
What is the Best Cruiser Skateboard Overall?
The Arbor Collective Photo Cruiser Skateboard is one of the best cruiser skateboards on the market today.
It’s just under 29 inches long and 8.25 inches wide and it comes with 61mm ultra-soft wheels and Parris trucks.
The board is made from 9-play Canadian maple and features a double-drop shape.
It’s spacious enough to suit most foot sizes and has an all-round capability that will appeal to all skill levels and preferences as well.
It’s also reasonably priced and is available for around $150 to $170.
What is the Best Cruiser Skateboard for Beginners?
The Magneto 44-Inch Kicktail Cruiser is a huge and surprisingly well-built cruiser board that’s currently available for around $130.
It’s a very reasonable price for such a high-quality board and thousands of riders seem to agree, as this cruiser board has a huge number of positive reviews.
What is the Best Cruiser Skateboard on a Budget?
The FISH Skateboards Downhill Longboard is ideal for skaters on a budget.
It’s currently available for around $40 and while you don’t get the best materials for that price, you do get a very reliable cruiser skateboard that will take you where you need to go.
It delivers a surprisingly smooth ride and is a huge 41-inches.
It’s not the best cruiser board out there, but if you don’t have a lot of cash to spend and need something that will hold up well for just a year or two, it’s ideal.
What is the Best Mini Cruiser?
There are a lot of great mini cruisers out there and the shape and length makes a huge difference, so it really all comes down to rider preference.
However, we like the look of the Eggboards Mini Longboard, which is 19 inches long and features a unique egg-shape design.
It’s made from bamboo, comes with 76A soft wheels and is available in several varieties and colors.
At the time of writing, the Bamboo Eggboard is available for less than $100 on Amazon.
More of the Best Cruiser Boards
Although we feel like we have covered the best cruiser boards above, it’s only a small selection and there are many more great options out there.
Whether you’re looking for mini cruisers that deliver a smooth ride, long cruiser boards made to the highest standard, or just something that is affordable, you should also check out the following options: